Last month, we had the pleasure of participating in the API Strategy & Practice Conference (APIStrat), one of the leading API conferences for developers to come together and discuss API trends, tools, successes and challenges. APIStrat, organized by APIEvangelist and 3scale, draws an enthusiastic crowd and impressive lineup of speakers spanning API practitioners and consumers from a variety of industries. Runscope Co-founder and CEO John Sheehan spoke on Crafting a Great Webhooks Experience, and VP of Developer Relations Neil Mansilla gave a talk on The Journey to Effective API Evangelism. One of the highlights of the conference was the live recording of the final episode of the Traffic & Weather podcast featuring John Sheehan and Steve Marx, Engineering Manager at Dropbox.
We sat down with some of the speakers at APIStrat to chat about how APIs are changing the business conversation. Hear from Jason Harmon, Head of API Design at Paypal; Kristen Womack, Director of Product at LeadPages; Kin Lane, The API Evangelist; John Sheehan and Steve Marx in the video below, and let us know what you're excited to see in the API world in 2016 in the comments!
Looking for more APIStrat? Dive into these conference recaps:
- APIStrat Recap: 6 Expert Tips for Successful Developer Marketing by Desiree Schillinger with Devpost
- API Strategy Conference 2015 Recap by Keith Casey with Clarify
- A Quick Recap on APIStrat by Guillaume Laforge with Restlet
- The Growing API Community | #APIStrat by Hannah Shain with Cloud Elements
- A Review of Austin by Mike Stowe on the RAML blog